If you need a quick pick-me-up, I highly recommend this DIY Hawaiian Exfoliating Sugar Scrub! It’s easy to make and it smells heavenly! It also makes a great gift!
Let’s face it…while you probably wish you could just escape to Hawaii for some rest and relaxation, time and money don’t allow for unlimited vacations! That’s why I’m sharing this recipe.
It’s like a mini vacay in a jar. You can whip this up in no time at all!
DIY Hawaiian Exfoliating Sugar Scrub Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need:
Lemon Essential OilOrange Essential OilRose Essential OilEpsom Salt Magnesium Sulfate Soaking SolutionGranulated SugarCoconut OilLatch Lid Square Canning Cosmetic Storage JarsGlass Jar with SpoonWatermelon Gel Food ColoringOrange Gel Food ColoringLemon Yellow Gel Food Coloring
How to Make DIY Hawaiian Bath Scrub
- Combine the Epsom salt, sugar, and coconut oil. Stir until mixed.
- Divide the scrub equally into 3 bowls.
- Add 5+ drops of Lemon essential oil into bowl #1.
- Stir in the drops of yellow gel food coloring in the same bowl (#1). Mix well.
- Add 5+ drops of orange essential oil into bowl #2. Stir in the drops of orange gel food coloring into that bowl. Stir well to blend both the essential oil and gel food coloring.
- Add 5+ drops of rose essential oil into bowl #3. Stir in the drops of red gel food coloring. Stir well to blend the essential oil and gel food coloring.
- Layer the colored scrub in the order of your choice. Example: yellow on the bottom, orange as the second layer and red as the top layer.
- Choose a container or jar with a lid of your choice. I’m a huge fan of mason jars, but you can also use a cosmetic jar.
- Place in a corner of your bath tub.
Check Out The Benefits of these essential oils:
Lemon Oil promotes focus and clarity. Clears the mind of distractions and helps a person tune in to the task at hand.
Orange Oil is uplifting to the mind and emotions. This can help increase your physical energy and elevate your mood.
Rose Oil is wonderful for skin, as well as mood support. It is known to be uplifting and heart-opening.