Although this winter weather has been milder than usual this year, my skin still knows it’s winter. I used to buy all kinds of expensive exfoliating body scrubs and lotions, but I’ve moved to making my own homemade beauty products that do the trick and smell great to boot! Plus, I know exactly’s what in them!
If your skin is feeling the effects of winter, I encourage you to whip up a jar of Winter Bliss Exfoliating Body Scrub! This recipe has sea salt to exfoliate dry winter skin, almond oil to moisturize, apple cider vinegar to kill bacteria and help prevent breakouts, tea tree oil to relieve inflammation and lavender to soothe the skin and help it retain its moisture. Your skin will thank you!!!
Exfoliating Body Scrub Ingredients
- 2 Cups Sea Salt
- 1/3 Almond Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Tea Tree Oil
- 1 Drop Blue Food Coloring
- Ball Canning Jars
- In a medium size bowl mix together sea salt, almond oil and apple cider vinegar until well mixed.
- Add 15 drops of Tea Tree and 20 drops of Lavender Essential Oil.
- Take half your mixture and put it into another bowl.
- Add a drop or two of blue dye into one of the portions until you reach the color of snowflake blue you would like
- In Mason jar, alternate blue and white layers of scrub to create a snowy effect. Press scrub mixture down with a spoon to compact between layers.
Don’t forget to pin this so you can make it later!
Make sure to check out these other great Homemade Bath and Body Products!