Have you ever tried something so delicious you can barely stand it…and something that you’re even more shocked that you actually made. This is one of those recipes. When you make this Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Recipe, you’ll feel like you’ve died and gone to heaven. These copycat Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls might even be better than the ones you get at Cinnabon! They are ooey, gooey, and delicous!!!
They’re not super hard to make and they’re oh-so-tasty!
Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll Recipe Ingredients
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup softened butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
Cream cheese icing (If you love icing, it’s OK to double this recipe…I won’t tell)
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp salt
Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe Directions:
- To start the rolls, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add sugar, butter, salt, eggs, and flour, mix well.
- Pour the milk/yeast mixture in the bowl and if using a stand mixer you will want to use the dough hook. Mix well until well incorporated.
- Place dough into an oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, until it is approx 16 inches long by 12 inches wide. It should be approx ¼ inch thick.
- To make cinnamon filling, combine the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the surface of the dough. Alternatively you can spread the butter first on the dough and then the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Carefully starting from the long edge, roll the dough down to the bottom edge. The roll should be about 18 inches in length. Cut the roll into 1½ inch slices.
- Place the cut rolls into an oiled 13×9 inch pan Cover them with a damp towel. Let them rise again for another 30 minutes until they double in size.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown (Prepare for your house to smell AMAZING!)
- While the rolls are baking, mix all icing ingredients and beat well with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- When the rolls are done, spread generously with icing.