Need a last minute DIY Gift Idea? I am so in love with this Salted Caramel DIY Body Scrub.
I love salted caramel candies, so the idea of making beauty products with that same flavor sounded divine.
No, I wouldn’t exactly recommend eating this, but I would recommend enjoying the wonderful luxurious feel and smell as you scrub your skin with this DIY body scrub.
Salted Caramel DIY Body Scrub
Every DIY body scrub begins with a few simple ingredients. You need sugar and oil.
You can, in fact, use only sugar and oil but we all love the wonderful smell provided by adding other ingredients. For this salted caramel scrub, I prefer the Wilton Salted Caramel Flavoring. You may find other options in your local stores.
If you plan to gift this DIY body scrub to your friends and family, there are tons of great options for storing this safely. While some people prefer gifting in plastic jars for safety reasons (no broken glass), I love the look of these small jelly jars.
Glass jars with hinged lids and rubber gaskets are also a great idea for storing scrubs as you don’t have things leaking all over. Adding a simple ribbon around the rim or a printed label adds to the appeal.
1. In a medium bowl, mix the sugars and almond oil together.
2. Add the salted caramel flavoring. Stir to mix well.
3. Add the Vitamin E oil and stir to incorporate.
4. Transfer to an airtight container(s) and store up to 3 months.
How To Use:
1. Wet skin with warm water in the shower and apply the salted caramel sugar scrub.
2. Gently rub skin in a circular motion. The sugars are great for exfoliating and the almond oil is a natural moisturizer.
3. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
4. Apply your favorite skin moisturizer.
When using this DIY body scrub in the shower, be careful and make sure to rinse well. The oils can stick to the bottom of your shower and make it easy to slip, so making sure you are rinsing things really well is important.
Since this is used in the shower typically, I definitely prefer using a plastic storage jar. Glass jars are pretty, but they can be dangerous if you dropped and it broke in the shower. Safety first when indulging in a pampering treatment.
Using this DIY body scrub on a regular basis gives you an easy and inexpensive way to indulge in an at-home spa treatment. After a long day at work, or an even longer day at home with kids never giving you a moment to breath, this is the perfect way to relax.
Get Everything You Need Without Leaving Home
More DIY Beauty Products:
- DIY Cracked Heel Cream
- DIY Hawaiian Bath Scrub
- DIY Cupcake Bath Bombs
- DIY Peppermint Beeswax Lip Balm Recipe
This post was originally posted on October 17, 2016.