Welcome to my little corner of the internet…FunHappyHome.com! My name is Lisa Joy Thompson and I’m so glad you’re here. I started blogging 12 years ago when we were in the process of adopting our 2 oldest daughters from Ukraine. At the time, another family who was adopting started a blog to chronicle their adoption journey. I came home and told my husband that Mark and Christine had a blog and I wanted a blog too. Then I asked him what a blog was! 🙂
I’ve come a long way since that time where I didn’t know what a blog was or how it works. While I still depend on my husband for many technical things, I’ve also started to figure things out on my own. We’ve also adopted 3 more fabulous kiddos. It’s hard to believe I’m the mom of a 23 year old, a 21 year old, an 18 year old, and 13 year old twins!!!!
Along the way, I’ve discovered how much I love to encourage other parents! This motherhood thing is a lot harder than it looks! I started FunHappyHome.com to empower moms and dads to create their own fun happy homes. I love to share recipes, crafts, parenting tips, and money saving tips! I also love to share products that make life easier or more fun! Sometimes I share things (like designer shoes, handbags, and cosmetics) just because I love them!
Since you clicked on this page, you probably would like to know a little more about me. Here are some random facts:
- I have really short arms. While it’s not super noticeable, my family and friends call me T-Rex and send me every T-Rex meme they come across.
- I love designer handbags and designer shoes. No matter what I weigh, my shoes and handbags seem to fit! 🙂
- And speaking of weight, in the last year, I’ve lost over 100 pounds…and I’m still losing! Click here to check out more of my weight loss journey.
- I’m hopelessly disorganized. I try really hard but it seems to be a losing battle. I’m constantly on the lookout for the latest greatest organization products.
- I love to travel and do it constantly. In the last 10 years, I’ve had multiple years where I’ve spent over 100 nights out of the year away from home. I try to take my kids with me as often as I can. All of our kids have been to lots of states and multiple countries. I’ve been to most of the contiguous US and Hawaii. I’ve also traveled to over 15 different countries and I hope to travel to more soon.
- I love to sing and studied vocal performance at Berklee College of Music. I really wish life was a musical and I could get away with singing and dancing 24/7…but unfortunately, people look at me strangely when I do that.
- I love spending time with my husband. We both work from home and we’re together pretty much 24/7 and while most people think that would drive them crazy, I love it! He is an amazing guy and he not only puts up with our crazy family, but loves us all as well!
- I LOVE to read. I read or listen to over 100 books a year!
- I have lupus…and a host of other medical issues. Living with a chronic illness can be hard and exhausting, but I’ve learned that a positive attitude goes a LONG way!
- I love to speak! If I had a choice between writing and speaking, I’d choose speaking every time. I am over-the-moon excited every time I get to speak to a business organization, a moms group, or at a conference!!! Speaking is my jam!!!