If you’re heading to a cookie swap, a family gathering, or a holiday get-together, chances are you’re expected to show up with something delicious! If you’re looking for the best cookies you’ve ever tasted, look nor further! This Twix Thumbprint Cookie Recipe is a total winner!
The cookies combine buttery shortbread with gooey caramel and drizzled chocolate! I think they taste even better than Twix bars!!! This recipe makes 3 dozen, but if you have to bring some to an event, I’d double the recipe so you have plenty left at home! 🙂
- ⅔ (two thirds) cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 14 wrapped caramel candies (I used Kraft Caramels)
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire RedWilton Recipe Right 3 Piece Cookie Pan SetWilton 415-680 Parchment Paper – 41 Square FeetNestle Toll House Milk Chocolate Chip Morsels 11.5-Oz. BagGold Medal All Purpose Flour 5lb (Pack of 01)Kraft America’s Classic Caramels, 11 Ounce (Pack of 2)Domino Premium Pure Cane Granulated Sugar, 64 OuncePure Vanilla Extract, Certified Organic
Twix Thumbprint Cookie Recipe
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add softened butter, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla. Beat with the paddle attachment at medium-low speed, scraping the bowl often, until light and creamy. Add one-third of the flour; beat at low speed until just combined. Repeat with remaining flour. It will end up being a damp crumbly mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place onto parchment paper lined baking sheets. Make indentation in center of each cookie with your thumb or some type of small round tool. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until edges JUST begin to brown.
- Repeat indentation once cookies are done baking, if necessary. Cool completely on wire cooling racks.
- Melt the caramel and heavy cream in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds or so until it is fully melted and smooth. Add pinch of salt and stir.
- Using a teaspoon size measuring spoon, fill each indentation with the caramel.
- Pour vegetable oil over chocolate chips and melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring 30 seconds at a time until melted and smooth, and scoop into a ziploc bag.
- Make a small snip on the corner of your Ziploc bag and drizzle over the cookies.
These are the BEST Cookies! Enjoy!