It’s officially fall…and while it doesn’t feel like fall here in Florida, I know that fall is here because pumpkin spice has taken over the internet. When you live in a climate where many days in September are still over 90 degrees, you need to rely on other ways of telling what season it is…and for fall, that tell is pumpkin spice. Since I’m not a coffee drinker, pumpkin spice lattes don’t do it for me. But this Pumpkin Spice Truffles Recipe screams fall to me!
This recipe is easy to make and oh-so-delicious!
Pumpkin Spice Truffles Recipe Ingredients
Ghirardelli Chocolate Bittersweet Baking Chips, 20 oz.Nestle Toll House Real Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels 12 ozCOFFEE-MATE, Pumpkin Spice, Liquid Coffee Creamer, 32 oz (Pack of 2)Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract, Certified Organic, 4-Ounce Glass BottleSimply Organic, Cinnamon, 2.45 ozGhirardelli Premium Baking Cocoa, 100% Unsweetened, 8oz. (Pack of 2)Wilton Orange Candy Melts, 12-OunceIsland Fresh Superior Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, 54 OunceSignature Brands Betty Crocker Cupcake Icing 8.4ozSaran Premium Plastic Wrap – 100 ft – 3 pk4QT CLR Mixing BowlTootsie Roll Midgees, Resealable Stand-up Pouch, 700-Count
8 oz bittersweet chocolate chips
8 oz semisweet chooclate chips
1/2 C spice coffee creamer
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 C cocoa powder
1 bag of orange candy melts
2 TBSP coconut oil
1 can of green decorating icing
5 Tootsie Roll Midgies
Large Glass Bowl
Pumpkin Spice Truffles Recipe
1. Combine chocolate chips, creamer, vanilla, and cinnamon in large glass bowl.
2. Microwave for 1 minute.
3. Using a whisk, mix until smooth.
4. Place the saran wrap over chocolate mixture and chill in fridge for 2 hours.
5. When the chocolate mixture has chilled, dust your hands with the cocoa powder.
6. Using a spoon, scoop about 1 tablespoon of truffle into your hand and roll into a ball.
7. Roll the ball in cocoa powder and place onto a plate.
8. Repeat steps until all the chocolate is done.
9. Place plate into freezer for over night.
10. When truffles are frozen, use a double boiler to melt the orange candy melts with the coconut oil.
11. Once melted, dip the truffle into the chocolate and place onto wax or parchment paper.
12. Repeat with all chocolate balls.
13. Let dry for 30 minutes.
14. Take the tootsie roll and cut a small piece off.
15. Roll the tootsie roll into a small rod shape
16. Stick it into the middle of the top part of the truffle
17. Using your green decorators icing, pipe leaves on the top of pumpkins.
Now, go grab a glass of milk (or a pumpkin spice latte if you’re into overindulging) and enjoy!