Last Wednesday, we returned from a wonderful week at Disney World. I was thrilled to be a part of the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration and the rest of my family was thrilled to be at Disney World. This was my girls’ first visit to Disney World, so we stayed quite busy. Since we’ve been home, we’ve been asked a zillion times what our favorite things at Disney World are. We’ve compiled a list of our favorite Disney experiences. So without further ado…
Top Ten Things To Do At Disney World (as determined by our family)!
1. Magic of Disney Animation Drawing Class (Hollwood Studios) – Each 30 minute class teaches you how to draw a different Disney character (and to top it off, you get to keep your drawings.) You can’t beat free souvenirs. We skipped the movie and just went straight to the class.
2. Tower of Terror (Hollywood Studios) – This has been a favorite ride of mine since it opened in 1994.
3. Toy Story Mania (Hollywood Studios) – During our Friday night dinner at Hollywood Studios, the Disney Social Media Moms (and their families got to ride Toy Story Mania over and over again. We probably would have gone on it more times than we did, but after 5 times, my arm was hurting).
4. Everest Expedition (Animal Kingdom) – I absolutely loved this ride and so did the rest of my family! It was fun, a little bit scary, and best of all, it didn’t give me a headache like some roller coasters!
5. Kilimanjaro Safari (Animal Kingdom) – I loved the variety of cool animals we saw and were able to take pictures of.
6. It’s Tough to be a Bug (Animal Kingdom) – I totally didn’t expect to enjoy this, but since our friends were going to see it, we joined them. I’m so glad we did. It’s a short 3D movie and multimedia show and it’s really cool!
7. Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom) – When I think of Disney World, Space Mountain is always the first ride that comes to mind. I had to “make” one of my kids go on this ride, but after the first time, she enjoyed it so much that we rode it over and over again!
8. Splash Mountain (Magic Kingdom) – I was so disappointed that this wasn’t open while we were there, but that doesn’t diminish my love for it.
9. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Magic Kingdom) – This is another favorite from way back, but it was just as fun as I remembered it to be.
10. Test Track (Epcot) – I didn’t expect to enjoy this as much as I did. It was really fast and I loved the cool road conditions.
(Bonus: Rock N Roller Coaster (Hollywood Studios) – Our girls absolutely loved this. I rode it twice and thought it was really fun, but it’s extremely loud and it jarred my head around, so it wouldn’t make my personal top 10. Fred and the girls all think this should have made the Top 10, so I included it.)
Disclosure: I paid a small fee to attend the conference, but it was drastically less than what I would have normally paid for park admission and WDW resort lodging. Disney also provided us with great perks including gifts, meals, and a golden ticket (otherwise known as a media fast pass). Disney did not ask me to post about the conference, however since it was one of the best experiences of my life, you’ll probably see lots of posts.