The weather is getting chillier which means it’s boot weather!!! While fall means I can start my love affair with boots again, my family considers fall to be apple pie time. My family LOVES apple pie! And when I make these Mini Apple Pies they are absolutely thrilled because they don’t have to share them!
Mini Apple Pies
These mini apple pies make a perfect gift or pick me up! Bring them to your next get together and they’ll be gone in a flash!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4-5 medium apples
- 6 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter (divided into 12 pieces)
- 1 package Pillsbury Pie Crusts (If you have more time than I do, you can make your own pie crust.)
- Peel and chop apples into ½ inch cubes
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Add chopped apples and stir to lightly coat all apple pieces
- Roll out your piecrust onto a flat surface and cut out several circles until you have enough crusts. (I used a wide mouth Mason Jar lid and it worked perfectly.)
- Line each muffin tin with your mini pie crust and fill the crusts with your apple mixture.
- Add a small piece of chilled butter onto the top of each mini pie.
- Cut the second pie crust into short strips.
- Use the short strips to make the top crust for your cute little pies. Just layer them over each other to make your lattice design.
- Brush the crusts lightly with butter.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, baking pies for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Other Great Fall Recipes
- Copycat Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup with Broccoli
- Crockpot Cabbage Rolls