If you’re looking for the ultimate gameday dip, you need to try this Bacon Ranch Cheddar Dip! It’s seriously amazing and needs only 4 ingredients. And since the Big Game is this Sunday, I thought today was the perfect day to share this!
This recipe is kid-friendly as kids not only love the taste, but they can whip it up on their own…it’s that easy!
You only need 4 ingredients and it can be made in less than 5 minutes (you’ll want to let it chill in the fridge for an hour or so before serving for best results).
Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip Ingredients
- 16 oz Sour Cream
- 2-3 Tablespoons Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix (or 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch if you don’t feel like making it yourself)
- 6 strips precooked microwavable Bacon
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Monterrey Jack blend cheese (you can use cheddar or Monterrey Jack if you don’t have a blend handy)
Bacon Ranch Cheddar Dip Recipe
- Chop bacon strips into 1/4″ squares
- Mix together sour cream and ranch mix until well blended.
- Add bacon and cheese and mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I’ve literally made this dip a million times…and many of the times I’ve started to make it and then realized I’m missing a key ingredient…like cheese or bacon. Fear not, this recipe can easily be made with substitutions or less than 4 ingredients.
If you don’t have cheese, this makes a great bacon ranch dip. If you don’t have ranch seasoning, this makes a great bacon cheddar dip. And if you don’t have sour cream, I’ve used a combo of cream cheese and milk when I’ve been in a pinch.
It doesn’t get much easier than this!
If you’ve never tried my Homemade Ranch Seasoning mix recipe, you need to make a batch today. It’s perfect to have on hand when you’re craving cheesy bacon ranch dip.
Originally published 1/22/2015.