Making your own DIY tassel earrings is incredibly easy and so fun you might get hooked (no pun intended). These earrings make a great holiday gift, but we won’t tell if you keep them for yourself!
It only takes a small push to get the right tools for the job, but making your own jewelry is so satisfying that if you don’t already have these things, you are sure to use them over and over. You’ll even be making some for your friends by popular demand.
I like the way these orange tassels pop, but you don’t have to use orange or even neon. Use this guide as a template to make the tassel earrings of your choice.
Materials for Making DIY Tassel Earrings
1. Measure out 25 strands of embroidery floss 7” long.
2. Place all the strands together and trim a 1/2” off each side to make sure all pieces are the same length.
3. Cut the stands in half to make 2-3” bundles of strands.
4. Slide a jump ring onto the center of your strand bundles and fold the bundle in half.
5. Cut 2-9” strands of embroidery floss and tie the bundles together in a tight knot right under the ring.
6. Wrap the ends around a few times and tie the two ends into a tight double knot. Cut off any loose ends.
7. Use the pliers to open the bottom loop of the earring hook, slide the open hook onto the loop ring and close back up with pliers.
8. Use the pointy end of the thread ripper to comb out the embroidery floss into single threads.
9. Trim the tassels to even them out and they are ready to wear!