Tomorrow is Easter and we have a big family get-together planned. My girls asked if we could whip up some Cocoa Krispie Easter Treats to take with us. I’m pretty sure they were just hoping we’d have lots of extras that they could eat tonight!
Here’s what we used to whip up our little Easter treat nests:
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine (I prefer butter, but we had some margarine in our fridge so I used that today)
- 7 cups mini marshmallows
- 9 cups Cocoa Krispies Cereal
- 1 bag Easter Colored Egg Shaped Peanut Butter M&Ms (You could use any egg-shaped candy)
- 2 packages of Marshmallow Peeps chicks
You can do all of this over the stove using a large pan which is what I would normally do, but since we have a zillion things going on, today is a microwave kind of day.
1. Melt butter and marshmallows in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds.
2. Once your marshmallows are a gooey and creamy consistency, stir in your Cocoa Krispies. Mix them up til they are well coated.
3. Spoon mixture into greased cupcake or muffin tins and fill til almost full.
4. Using your thumb, press down in the middle of each treat to form the shape of a nest. (You’ll want to use either a piece of wax paper or you’ll want to coat your thumb with cooking spray.)
5. Let your nests set (this will take about an hour) then pop them out of the muffin tins and place them in a cupcake paper.
6. Add a few eggs (M&Ms or other egg shaped candies) and top with a chick.
These treats are sure to delight the kids and the kids at heart in your family!