I am a total lip balm snob! I’ve always liked expensive products that make my skin and lips feel great. Over the last few years, our family has made the switch to using more natural products. Unfortunately for me, many of the ingredients in my expensive lip balm were not at all natural. 🙁
Fortunately, I’ve found that it’s easy to make a natural lip balm that works well and costs a fraction of the price of my old lip balm.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Keepie Factory Empty Lip Balm Containers – FDA APPROVED Non Toxic BPA Free MADE IN USA DIY Round Tubes & Caps Business Professional Quality, White (50 Pack)BEESWAX PELLETS, YELLOW-1LB-Must Have For Many Different Projects-Including Lotions, Salves, Body Butters, Deodorant, Lip Balm, Candle Making, and Furniture PolishCarrington Farms Gluten Free, Unrefined, Cold Pressed, Virgin Organic Coconut Oil, 54 oz. (Ounce), Coconut Oil For Skin & Hair Care, Cooking, Baking, & SmoothiesNOW Solutions, Sweet Almond Oil, 100% Pure Moisturizing Oil, Promotes Healthy-Looking Skin, 16 Fl Oz (1 Count)Sundown Naturals Vitamin E Oil 2.50 ozYoung Living Peppermint Essential Oil60 Lip Balm Tube Printable Labels with Perforated Safety Seal, 2 x 2.15 inches, Clear Gloss
The following recipe makes about 5 tubes of lip balm. You can adjust it depending on how many tubes you need to make.
- Lip Balm Containers (I used these for this recipe, but now buy the Keepies as they are BPA Free)
- 2 heaping TBSP. Beeswax
- 2 TBSP. Coconut Oil
- 1 TBSP. Almond Oil (You could also use Sunflower Seed Oil)
- 15 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 1 tsp. Vitamin E Oil
- Start a water bath by filling a small pot 1/2 way full with water.
- Place a glass-measuring cup with a spout in the water.
- Turn the stovetop to medium.
- Add beeswax, coconut oil and almond oil and heat until beeswax is completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add peppermint essential oil and vitamin E oil.
- Pour into lip balm tubes quickly before it starts to cool and harden.
- Allow to cool completely in tubes.
- Add labels. It’s super easy to create your own labels, but if you just want to use mine, you can download the labels here.