Basketball season is the busiest time of year for our family. Since it is our daughter’s senior year, we tried to be at as many games as possible which meant that we were out later than usual and we didn’t have as much “family fun” time.
Basketball season ended last week and so I promised the twins that we’d do a family movie day. We decided on Annie (the old school version) and I told the kids we could have a special treat for our special day.
Since it had been a while since we’d done a family movie day, I thought I’d go all out and do something totally different.
I decided to go with S’mores Fondue. While I love chocolate by itself, I love it even more when it’s combined with marshmallow and graham crackers. I figured that being able to dip marshmallows, graham crackers, and pretzel in the dip would totally make the twins day (and it did)!
I was amazed at how easy it was. I figured it would take a few tries to get a flavor and consistency I like. I wrote down my thoughts on what ingredients I thought I’d need and how much of them and thought I’d try making it and figure out what I’d need to adjust. I’m thrilled to say my initial thoughts were spot on and it took less than 10 minutes to make this awesome S’mores fondue.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1-2 Graham Crackers (I used gluten-free but you can use whatever you like best)
You’ll also need some items to dip in your fondue! These were my choices:
You can make this fondue in a fondue pot or you can use a double boiler if you don’t have a fondue pot.
- Pour your TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk into your fondue pot.
- Add your heavy whipping cream and stir well.
- Once your mixture is hot, add the chocolate chips 1 cup at a time and stir briskly.
- When all of your chocolate chips have been added and you have a nice thick fondue, add your marshmallow fluff and stir well.
- When the marshmallow fluff is mixed in, sprinkle a graham cracker or two on the top of your fondue.
- Dip a variety of yumminess into your fondue. We chose pretzels (gluten-free and non-gluten-free), graham crackers (gluten-free and non gluten-free) and marshmallows.
If you’d rather follow a video recipe, I’ve got you covered! 🙂
TruMoo Chocolate Marshmallow Milk was the perfect foundation for my recipe, but it’s also great by itself. And if you haven’t tried it hot, you’re missing out! It’s a simple and delicious way to make hot chocolate. I love to sip a cup while I’m planning my day!
Whether you try TruMoo cold, try it hot, or add it to a recipe, you won’t be disappointed. I love that TruMoo doesn’t contain artificial growth hormones or high fructose corn syryp and my kids love that TruMoo is absolutely delicious!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.