We’re in New Hampshire this week on vacation with my entire family. Last Monday night, I was in charge of making dinner for 14 which included 6 kids under the age of 7. Since we’re vacationing right by the beach, I thought I’d surprise the kids with Sand Pudding in a Magic Bucket.
I whipped up a batch of this super easy pudding, put it in a sand pail and hid it in the fridge. Then I took 5 of the kiddos down to the beach with my “magic” sand pail. They each shoveled sand into the “magic” bucket and we headed back home. I immediately took the sand pail into the kitchen, switched it with the sand pudding and offered to serve it to the kids.
While they were initially hesitant to eat sand, they were delighted to discover that it tasted like cookies! They’ve asked for sand pudding every single day since I made that first batch! I’m thinking I’ll make some more today!
Wanna whip up some sand pudding for your kiddos? It’s super easy and oh-so-worth it!
|Magic Sand Pudding|
- 1 Box of Vanilla Wafers
- 3-5 Oreos depending on the color of sand in your area (I used 5)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 small packages of vanilla pudding
- 2 3/4 cup milk
- 12 oz cool whip
- Combine Vanilla Wafers and Oreos in your food processor until it reaches a sandlike consistency.
- Cream butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar together in a separate bowl.
- In another bowl, mix pudding and milk.
- Add pudding mixture to cream cheese mixture.
- Slowly fold in Cool Whip
- Layer sand then pudding then sand then pudding then sand in a bucket!
Chill before serving