I love holiday themed food. I like to cook and it’s fun to put a holiday twist on some of our everyday recipes. If you’ve been looking for Halloween Dinner ideas, this is a super fun alternative to spaghetti and meatballs. I like to call it Pasta and Oozing Eyeballs. It’s a fun and creepy treat that will be sure to delight even your picky eaters!
- 2 pounds ground beef – You could also use ground turkey or pork if you prefer, or a combination of meats
- 6 ounce box packaged stuffing mix for chicken
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce, divided into 1/4 cup for meat and the remainder for the noodles
- 4 sticks string cheese cut into quarters
- Sliced large black olives – Enough for each eyeball to have one slice
- 1 pound package your favorite pasta
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
As the oven is heating, mix together the meat, stuffing mix, water, eggs and 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce. Be sure the mixture is well-combined. Pinch off some of the meat mixture and create 16 two-inch meatballs. Push one piece of string cheese into the top of the meatball. Don’t push the cheese entirely into the meatball; you want some of the cheese to show at the top. Place the meatballs onto the baking sheet and place one slice of olive onto the cheese. This will create your “oozing eyeball.”
Bake the meatballs for up to 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit. While the meatballs are cooking, cook the pasta according to the package directions and heat the rest of the spaghetti sauce.
Drain the pasta. Place a serving of pasta on a plate. Top the pasta with the heated sauce. Finish the plate off by putting two meatballs in the center of the noodles.
Voila! You have a perfectly creepy dinner!