When I began blogging last January, I had no idea what I was doing. I had no idea how enjoyable it would be. I had no idea that people I’d never met would read it. I figured it would be read by a handful of friends and family members, but it’s definitely gone beyond that. And so with the start of a new year, I’ve decided to set some goals for this year.
1. Blog consistently. Post 5 days a week!
2. Do a blog series. I have decided to start a series called The 12 Months of Christmas. I will be posting on the 25th of each month to help you get prepared for this coming Christmas. I know it’s a year away, but by preparing for it throughout the year, you can save yourself time and money…and when Christmas rolls around, you’ll be able to enjoy it instead of running around like a crazy person!
3. Increase the number of subscribers. I’d love to end this year with over 500 subscribers.
4. Contribute to our family income. Blogging requires a pretty big time commitment and I’d love to be able to make some money while doing it. Over the course of this year, I made about $50 in affiliate links like Amazon and Coupons.com) and $150 in gift cards through Swagbucks. I’d like to make $3000 this year. I know it’s a stretch, but I might as well aim high. (For those of you who have made purchases through the links on my site, thank you! You have no idea how much I appreciate it.)
5. Do a better job connecting…with my readers and other bloggers while still making sure I am connecting with my family! I love this blog and my readers, but my family will always come first!
7. Comment on at least 2 blogs every day!
8. Get a digital camera and take better pictures. I’ve been taking pictures with my phone and it’s just not cutting it. (If anyone would like to donate a camera to this cause, I’d be very appreciative!)