This winter has been so weird! Here in Indiana we had 1 day of snow and less than a week later it was gone. Today, it was 57 degrees and tomorrow we’re expecting 65 degrees. While I’m completely loving the warm weather, the twins are soooo disappointed at the lack of snow.
If your kids are disappointed by the lack of snow, make up for it with these melted snowman cookies! They’re adorable and they’re delicious!
Melted Snowman Cookies Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 box Devil’s Food cake mix
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon mint extract (optional)
- 1 package white melting chocolate (I used white chocolate chips since I had them at home)
- 10 miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, cut in half
- Mini chocolate chips
- Orange sprinkles (If you don’t want to order orange sprinkles, grab some rainbow sprinkles and pick out the orange ones)
Once you have your ingredients together, here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, butter, eggs, flour. If you’re interested in adding mint flavoring, add the extract now.
Use a cookie scoop to drop evenly sized portions of dough onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on the sheet for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are cool, melt white chocolate chips. Drizzle a spoonful over each cookie to form the melted snow. Add a peanut butter cup half for the hat, and decorate the faces with chocolate chips and sprinkles.