As Halloween gets closer, I feel the need to share more quick and easy Halloween treats with you! And once I get going on a theme, it’s hard to stop. I’ve shared my Graham Mummies with you and now I thought I’d share these easy Frankenstein cookies. They’re made with graham crackers too! These easy Halloween cookies are so simple that kids can make them without an adult. Seriously…they’re that easy!
I apologize in advance that I don’t have any Frankenstein jokes to go along with these cookies, so if you’re needing Halloween jokes today, you’ll have to settle for these mummy jokes.
Here’s What You’ll Need for these Frankenstein Graham Crackers
- Graham crackers
- Green candy coating
- Small candy eyeballs
- Mini Chocolate Morsels
- Black jimmies or black sugar
- Black decorating icing
- Carefully break apart graham crackers at perforations to make four strips from each cracker.
- Melt the candy coating according to package directions. Heat it slowly and don’t let it overheat. If you heat it for too long, it will be too thick. You can add 2 teaspoons of vegetable shortening to help thin the candy but do not add any other type of liquid as the candy will seize up and harden.
- Resting the graham cracker strip on a fork, spoon candy coating over the cracker and then tap the fork against the side of your bowl to remove excess candy coating.
- Spoon sprinkles over one side of the graham cracker and place one mini chocolate morsel on each side.
- Add the candy eyeballs while the candy is still wet. Place on waxed paper to dry.
- Allow candy coating to harden. Using a toothpick or a small, clean paintbrush, draw a mouth on the cracker with the black decorating icing.
Voila! Frankenstein Cookies that are absolutely spooktacular!
Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Placing in the refrigerator may cause the graham crackers to soften.