My sister lives in a magical New England town. It seriously looks like the setting of a Hallmark Christmas movie. It has mountains, an adorable downtown with a cute little cafe and a covered bridge, and even a ski area where we spent some time skiing this past week. It’s the type of town everyone wants to live in…except it’s cold there. I made an impromptu visit to her last weekend and spent my entire time there freezing and drinking hot chocolate. I probably drank at least 2 cups a day. And after some trial and error, I’m thrilled to be able to share the best keto hot chocolate recipe with you!
Keto Hot Chocolate Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 2-4 packets Truvia
- Dash of Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
How To Make Keto Hot Chocolate
1. Add cocoa powder, Truvia and salt to a small bowl and mix well.
2. Pour Almond Milk and Heavy Whipping Cream in a small saucepan and mix together. Heat to desired temperature while stirring regularly.
3. When your milk mixture is hot, stir in your cocoa powder mixture. Whisk or stir well until you have no more lumps.
4. Add vanilla then stir some more.
5. Pour into your favorite mug and top with whipped cream and a drizzle of keto salted caramel sauce (recipe coming soon).
I use 3 packets of Truvia in my personal keto hot chocolate recipe, but I know that everyone has different preferences as to how sweet they want their hot chocolate. I love using Truvia as you get the same great taste every time (which can’t always be said for stevia sweeteners). Truvia is a natural, calorie-free stevia sweetener which is perfect for keto recipes. Also, make sure to use this exclusive coupon for $1.50 off any one package of Truvia stevia sweetener at Walmart.
If you love Truvia like I do and you’ll be purchasing more than one package, make sure to open your ValPak envelope to get an additional coupon for $1.50 off Truvia at Walmart. Also, make sure to check out these awesome Truvia recipes to find more great ways to use Truvia.