Did Valentine’s Day sneak up on you? That’s OK! It’s not too late to whip up some fantastically fun homemade Valentine’s Day treats.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Pretzel Rods
- Chocolate Melts or Almond Bark
- Pink and Red Sprinkles (I used these Wilton Jumbo Heart Sprinkles and some of the sprinkles in this Wilton Valentine’s Day Sprinkle Mix)
- Line a baking pan with wax paper. (This makes clean up a cinch…especially if you’re a little wreckless with the sprinkles!)
- Melt chocolate according to package directions.
- When chocolate is melted, dip pretzels in chocolate or drizzle chocolate over the pretzels.
- If you choose to use sprinkles, you may want to allow the chocolate to set for a minute before you add the sprinkles. I tried sprinkling them immediately and waiting and the ones where I waited definitely were easier to do. Place your dipped, sprinkled pretzels on the wax paper and allow to set.
- When you’re finished, you can display them like I did here and allow your family to enjoy them this way or if you’re planning on giving them as gifts, simply wrap them in a pretzel bag and tie with a pretty piece of ribbon.