If you’re heading to a cookie swap, a family gathering, or a holiday get-together, chances are you’re expected to show up with something delicious! If you’re looking for the best cookies you’ve ever tasted, look nor further! This Twix Thumbprint Cookie Recipe is a total winner!
The cookies combine buttery shortbread with gooey caramel and drizzled chocolate! I think they taste even better than Twix bars!!! This recipe makes 3 dozen, but if you have to bring some to an event, I’d double the recipe so you have plenty left at home!
- ⅔ (two thirds) cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 14 wrapped caramel candies (I used Kraft Caramels)
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5 Quarts, Empire RedWilton Recipe Right 3 Piece Cookie Pan SetWilton Parchment PaperNestle TOLL HOUSE Milk Chocolate Morsels 11.5 oz. BagKraft America’s Classic Caramels, 13 Ounce (Pack of 2)Gold Medal All Purpose Bleached & Enriched Flour 5 lbsDomino Premium Pure Cane Granulated Sugar 4lb BagSimply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract Certified Organic, 4-Ounce Glass Bottle
Twix Thumbprint Cookie Recipe
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add softened butter, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla. Beat with the paddle attachment at medium-low speed, scraping the bowl often, until light and creamy. Add one-third of the flour; beat at low speed until just combined. Repeat with remaining flour. It will end up being a damp crumbly mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place onto parchment paper lined baking sheets. Make indentation in center of each cookie with your thumb or some type of small round tool. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until edges JUST begin to brown.
- Repeat indentation once cookies are done baking, if necessary. Cool completely on wire cooling racks.
- Melt the caramel and heavy cream in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds or so until it is fully melted and smooth. Add pinch of salt and stir.
- Using a teaspoon size measuring spoon, fill each indentation with the caramel.
- Pour vegetable oil over chocolate chips and melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring 30 seconds at a time until melted and smooth, and scoop into a ziploc bag.
- Make a small snip on the corner of your Ziploc bag and drizzle over the cookies.
These are the BEST Cookies! Enjoy!