If you’re anything like me, you’ve been whipping up and eating cookies, candies, and sweet treats since Thanksgiving. I have a major sweet tooth and love all the goodies, but I’m a basketcase if I don’t get enough protein and my kids are too! These Hardboiled Egg Snowmen are a fun treat and they’re full of protein.
6 Boiled Jumbo Eggs (If you’re not good at consistently boiling eggs, you need this!)
6 Boiled Medium Eggs
Pretzel Sticks (We use gluten-free pretzels when we make these. If you want a little extra flavor, my son absolutely loves these.)
Green onion stems
- Cut a small section off the top and bottom of each egg so they’ll stand and stack well.
- If you are going to serve your snowmen right away, you can use pretzel sticks to join each piece. This will make your snowmen completely edible. If your snacks will need to sit for a while, the pretzels will get soggy and nasty, so you’ll have to use wooden skewers. Either way, you’ll need to pierce the egg and carrot before pushing pretzels through.
- Push a pretzel stick down into the jumbo egg to make the body and place the smaller egg on top.
- Peel carrots.
- Slice the thick end of carrot into six 1/8″ slices to use as hat brims.
- Slice middle of carrot (or smaller carrot) into six 3/4-1″ slices for top of hat.
- Use skewer to “pre-drill” hole in carrots. You will use your pretzel to connect the carrots and egg heads.
- Push assembled hat down onto head.
- Take the small end of a carrot (about 1/2″) and cut lenghtwise into six sections to use as noses.
- Using a toothpick, poke a small hole in the middle of the “face” egg and insert the nose.
- Poke holes for the two eyes and four spots to make a mouth and press in peppercorns.
- Poke three small holes in the “body” egg to make buttons and press in peppercorns.
- Break a pretzel in half and insert a piece in each side of the body to make arms.
- You can optionally use green onion stems to make a hat band and scarf.
- Split the green tube and open it up.
- Gently scrape the blade along the inside of the opened stem to remove stiffness.
- Trim the softened piece to make scarf or hatband and wrap in place.
Fox Run Brands Bamboo Skewers, 6-inch (set of 100)Norpro 360-Pack Ornate Wood ToothpicksKirkland Signature Whole Tellicherry Peppercorns, 14.1oz Gourmet JarSnyder’s of Hanover Gluten Free Pretzel Sticks, 8 Ounce (Pack of 12)