I’ve been sick as a dog for the last few days which means I haven’t done the last of my Christmas shopping and I haven’t done any baking or crafting with my kiddos.
Thankfully we can whip up some quick, easy and beautiful Christmas candles. You can pick up what you need to make them at your local dollar store or from Walmart. If you want to use this as a pretty nightlight in one of your kids’ rooms, make sure to pick up some battery operated candles while you’re out! These candle holders also make great Christmas gifts.
This is a super easy craft to make, but since you’re using a hot glue gun, you won’t want to let kids do this project on their own.
- Glass candle holder
- Flat backed, glass stones
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Candle – You can also use tea lights if you don’t want to use a larger candle
- Begin by emptying your glass beads on a flat surface and separating the colors if creating a pattern.
- With the hot glue gun glue a row of gems to the top, all the way around. (They stick in an unbelievably short time, so take your time because if you make a mistake they are almost impossible to get off). Placing them in rows will make sure you have room since the stones may not be all the same size.
- Keep adding rows until you have reached the bottom.
- Take a look to be sure no glue gun strings are hanging off and pull off any if necessary.
- Add a votive candle & you’re done!