In case you missed my About Me page, here’s a little bit about me:
My name is Lisa Joy Thompson and I’m so glad you’re here. I started blogging 9 years ago when we were in the process of adopting our 2 oldest daughters from Ukraine. At the time, another family who was adopting started a blog to chronicle their adoption journey. I came home and told my husband that Mark and Christine had a blog and I wanted a blog too. Then I asked him what a blog was!
I’ve come a long way since that time where I didn’t know what a blog was or how it works. And life has changed quite a bit too. We’ve adopted 2 more fabulous kiddos. It’s hard to believe I’m the mom of a 21 year old, an 18 year old, and 10 year old twins!!!!
While I love blogging… I love speaking even more.
Over the years, I’ve had the privilege of speaking to large and small groups on a variety of topics including business, parenting, saving money and Christian living. I’ve spoken at business conferences and women’s retreats…at libraries and at MOPS groups. I’d love to speak at your next event too.
I regularly speak on the topics below, but I’m also available to speak on other topics as needed. Speaking fees and travel expenses are calculated on a case by case basis. Please contact me via email for availability and inquiries.
- Adopting without Debt
- Adopting Older Children
- God’s Heart for Adoption
- After Adoption
- Strength for the Journey
- Creating a Fun Happy Home
- How to DIY Without Losing Your Mind
- You DON’T Have to Do It All
Living with Chronic Illness
- Coping with Chronic Illness
- Life with Lupus
- My diagnosis doesn’t define me
- You Don’t Have to Be An Extreme Couponer to Save Big
- Drugstore Deals
- Couponing 101
- Making the Most of What You Have
- Finding Contentment During Lean Times
- Save More, Give More
- Saving for Christmas without the Stress
- Teens and Technology
- Making Memories with Your Kids
Social Media & Branding
- Discovering Your Voice
- Building Your Brand, Reaching Your Audience
- Spread Your Message with Social Media
- Social Media 101
- Social Media for Small Businesses