With kids heading back to school, life is busier than ever for most families! And while we’d all like to cook fabulous gourmet meals every night, sometimes, that’s just not a reality! To top it off, half the time, my kiddos aren’t a fan of my “gourmet meals”. If you’re anything like me, you’re always looking for Kid Friendly Dinner Ideas.
Today I thought I’d share one of my favorite Kid Friendly Dinner Ideas: Happy Hot Dogs! These are hot dog people that I create that turn a boring dinner of hot dogs into a fabulously fun feast! I use all beef hot dogs, but I’ve tried this with a variety of hot dog brands and types to make sure this will work with any hot dog! Best of all, you can have dinner on the table in under 10 minutes! (Although we typically serve this with gluten-free shells and cheese which takes a little longer to cook).
All you need are some hotdogs, a sharp knife and some creativity!
- Cut hotdog in half. This makes working with it much easier, plus full sized hot dogs won’t stand up well on a plate.
- Make cuts for eyes and a mouth, then, go crazy.
- Make cuts for hair, legs, arms and anything else you can think of. Just be sure not to cut thru the hotdog.
- Bring water to a boil and place hotdogs in water.
- Boil approximately 5 minutes; the cuts will swell showing the “People”.
If you make these, I’d love to have you share your photos with me. Feel free to tag me on Instagram!