I’m a huge fan of date nights, but I also know that Valentine’s Day tends to be one of the more expensive nights of the year to go out. And since most couples try to go out on Valentine’s Days, finding a babysitter can sometimes be next to impossible if you don’t book them 6 months in advance! Here’s my suggestion for you…instead of going out as a couple ON Valentine’s Day, spend the day as a family and go out later as a couple! Here are some fun things to do on Valentine’s Day!
5 Fun Things to Do on Valentine’s Day
1) Decorate Your House: On or before the day, why not spend some time decorating your house as a family? If you have young kids who enjoy crafts, there are so many fun things you can do. You can help them make hearts out of paper or clay, or come up with new ideas to help set the mood for the day. This DIY Valentine’s Day Wreath is super fun to make!
2) Valentine Breakfast: We love to start celebrations at our house breakfast! You can show each other you care by cooking your favorite breakfasts together. You can even put a twist on this by cutting toast into heart shapes, or decorating the plates.
3) Valentine’s Baking: Our family loves to spend time in the kitchen whipping up sweet Valentine treats. This could mean making tarts in the shape of hearts, or decorating cakes with the love motif. If you’re looking for a super easy Valentine’s Day treat, whip up these Valentine’s Day Pretzels or these Valentine’s Day Marshmallow Pops. Feeling extra fancy? Make this Chocolate Mousse in Homemade Chocolate Bowls. It’s easier than you think! Whatever you do, just remember that you’re spending time together doing something fun….and as a bonus, you’ll have tasty treats when all is said and done.
4) Family Dinner: Family dinners are important…and I think Valentine’s Day is the perfect day to take things up a notch. Consider creating the whole dinner around the theme of the day! Create only heart shaped foods! If you don’t have dye issues like our family, you could try to create a meal out of only pink, red or white foods and if you need a little help, you can use food coloring to transform them. When the meal’s over, have fun eating some of your baked goods and spending more time together playing games or watching a movie as a family. If you have little kids, opt for a movie like Beauty and the Beast or Lady & the Tramp. If you have teenagers, you may want to watch one of these romantic movies!
5) Creative Family Gifts: When it comes to family Valentine’s Day gifts, the options are almost endless! Why not try to come up with something more creative than traditional chocolates and flowers? This Jackpot Valentine’s Day Gift was a huge hit! You don’t have to use lottery tickets. You can use fake lottery tickets or you can even make your own scratch off tickets using these scratch off stickers! You might create coupons to help each other out with certain tasks, you might plan a family day out, or you could even set up a treasure hunt of small Valentine’s Gifts around the home. These creative ideas are fantastic for the whole family as they also double as fun things to do on Valentine’s Day!
Coming up with things to do on Valentine’s Day as a family just means being a little more creative and adapting certain traditions so the kids can take part. This is the perfect excuse to spend some quality time together and have some fun together as a family!
Do you have fun things you do with your family for Valentine’s Day?