It’s time for some added “boo” this season! I love making these easy Halloween cookies with the kids. Sure, they’re a fun treat, but they also really help in teaching the kids how to cook/bake! With a simple cookie cutter and some adorable, spooky sprinkles, these are the PERFECT treat to your party, or to just have as a treat! I love making sugar cookies and these just put a fun spin on them this time of year!
Easy Halloween Cookies
1 1/2 C powder sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tarter
1 small plaque cookie cutter
cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 dregrees
- In a standing mixer, combine butter, powder sugar, egg and vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined and fluffy
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and cream of tarter.
- Gradually add in the flour to the wet mixture and mix on low speed until combined
- Once all the flour has been combined with the wet ingredients, sprinkle some flour onto a cutting board and knead with your hands till everything is combined
- Sprinkle flour onto the cutting board and roll out the dough to 2 inches thick
- Use the cookie cutter and cut your shapes
- Bake in the oven for 7-9 minutes or until slightly golden brown
- Place onto a wire rack to cool
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla
3 C powder sugar
2 piping bags fitted with a number 2 tip
1 container of Wilton Skull melody sprinkles
green food coloring
- In a standing mixer, combine the egg whites, cream of tarter, vanilla, and powder sugar and mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form, about 5-7 minutes
- Split icing into two bowls and add the green coloring into one bowl
- Scoop some white icing into one of the piping bags
- Using the rest of the white icing, add 2 tablespoons of water to thin the icing out and then pour the icing into the squeeze bottle.
- Scoop the green icing into the second piping bag
- Using the white icing in the piping bag, out line your plaque cookies.
7. Use the white icing in the squeeze bottle and fill in the outline