Now that school is back in session, mornings can sometimes be a little chaotic. If you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast idea, I highly suggest making these Easy Blueberry Muffins! You can even make them in one bowl. Yay for less to clean!
These muffins will keep for 5 days on the counter or in the fridge or if you want to make a bunch of them, you can store them in the freezer for up to 3 months!
Make these Easy Blueberry Muffins!
Here’s what you’ll need to make these easy blueberry muffins!
- 1 1/2 cups (all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for muffin tops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 to 8 ounces fresh or frozen blueberries (about 1 cup frozen blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- In a large bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Use a measuring cup that holds at least 1 cup and add vegetable oil, egg and then fill the cup to the 1-cup line with milk (about 1/3 to a 1/2 cup of milk). Add vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Add milk mixture to the bowl with flour and sugar then use a fork to combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be pretty thick). Add blueberries and use a spatula or spoon to gently fold the blueberries into the muffin batter.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups filling about ½ full.
- Sprinkle a little sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
Do you have a go-to breakfast favorite for chaotic mornings? If not, you need to add these easy blueberry muffins to your breakfast repertoire! Your tummy will thank you!