I love Boston Cream Donuts! And now that I can make them at home I love them even more! If you’re looking for a delicious breakfast treat, this is it. This is the perfect recipe to make with the kids on a lazy Saturday morning!
Here are the ingredients you will need…
For the Donut:
- 1 pkg Pillsbury Grands biscuits
- canola oil
For the Filling:
- 1 box JELL-O Instant French Vanilla Pudding (3.4oz)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
For the Ganache:
- 2Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp corn syrup
- 2 oz dark chocolate
- 2 oz milk chocolate
- 2 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Prepare the filling first by whisking together the pudding mix with milk. Beat with whisk for about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat on high with an electric mixer the heavy cream with powdered sugar until soft peaks form (about 3 minutes). Fold in pudding mixture. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large, heavy bottomed skillet, heat oil about 1/2-3/4 inch high. Depending on your size skillet will determine how much oil is necessary.
- Separate biscuits. Fry each biscuit for 2-3 minutes each side. Allow to cool and dry on paper towels.
- For the ganache, add cream, milk, butter, vanilla and corn syrup to a medium saucepan. Heat on medium until butter is melted. Turn to low and add in the chocolates. Whisk continuously until smooth.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the powdered sugar until ganache is smooth. Set aside.
- To assemble the donuts spoon filling into a large pastry bag with tip. Press tip into side of donut and squeeze until donut appears “full.” There will be some filling that comes out and this is ok.
- Repeat for remaining donuts.
- Spoon warm ganache over each filled donut.
Voila! Delicious Boston Cream Donuts that you made yourself!