Welcome to my little corner of the internet…FunHappyHome.com! My name is Lisa Joy Thompson and I’m so glad you’re here. I started blogging 9 years ago when we were in the process of adopting our 2 oldest daughters from Ukraine. At the time, another family who was adopting started a blog to chronicle their adoption journey. I came home and told my husband that Mark and Christine had a blog and I wanted a blog too. Then I asked him what a blog was!
I’ve come a long way since that time where I didn’t know what a blog was or how it works. While I still depend on my husband for many technical things, I’ve also started to figure things out on my own. We’ve also adopted 2 more fabulous kiddos. It’s hard to believe I’m the mom of a 20 year old, a 17 year old, and 10 year old twins!!!!
Along the way, I’ve discovered how much I love to encourage other parents! This motherhood thing is a lot harder than it looks! I started FunHappyHome.com to empower moms and dads to create their own fun happy homes. I love to share recipes, crafts, parenting tips, and money saving tips! I also love to share products that make life easier or more fun! Sometimes I share things (like designer shoes, handbags, and cosmetics) just because I love them!
I’m in the process of remodeling our home right now, so you can expect to see some DIY projects and home makeover posts coming soon!
Since you clicked on this page, you probably would like to know a little more about me. Here are some random facts:
- I have really short arms. While it’s not super noticeable, my family and friends call me T-Rex and send me every T-Rex meme they come across.
- I love designer handbags. I would gladly go without meals to buy a new designer handbags and that’s saying a lot since I LOVE food!
- I also love designer shoes…as much as I love designer handbags. Unfortunately, I’m a size 11, so finding shoes in my size is a little bit of a struggle. Whenever I find Stuart Weitman, Cole Haans, or Ariats in my size, I have a hard time saying no.
- I’m hopelessly disorganized. I try really hard but it seems to be a losing battle. I’m constantly on the lookout for the latest greatest organization products.
- I love to travel and do it constantly. In the last 10 years, I’ve had multiple years where I’ve spent over 100 nights out of the year away from home. I try to take my kids with me as often as I can. All of our kids have been to lots of states and multiple countries. I’ve been to most of the contiguous US and Hawaii. I’ve also traveled to over 15 different countries and I hope to travel to more soon.
- I’m horrible at packing. With as much as I travel, you’d think I’d be an expert, but unfortunately, I’m not. I always overpack or underpack. One of these days, I’ll discover the secret to packing well. In the meantime, I’ll probably do it well once, write a post about it, and then go back to my horrible packing ways.
- I love spending time with my husband. We both work from home and we’re together pretty much 24/7 and while most people think that would drive them crazy, I love it! He is an amazing guy and he not only puts up with our crazy family, but loves us all as well!
- I LOVE to read. I read or listen to over 100 books a year!
- I have lupus…and a host of other medical issues. Living with a chronic illness can be hard and exhausting, but I’ve learned that a positive attitude goes a LONG way!
- I love to speak! If I had a choice between writing and speaking, I’d choose speaking every time…and yet, I still blog!