I have always loved Veggie Tales, so when I was given a chance to review What’s In The Bible? by Phil Vischer (the creator of Veggie Tales), I jumped at it. How can you not love a singing tomato and cucumber?
When Phil created Veggie Tales, his desire was to educate kids about the Bible. After the first episode was released, Veggie Tales grew like crazy and Phil’s vision was put on the backburner. It wasn’t until he lost Veggie Tales that his vision and purpose were renewed. He began working intently on What’s In The Bible.
In What’s In The Bible, Phil Vischer uses puppets (sort of like the muppets) to tell the story of the Bible and how it fits together. I think kids (and parents) will learn things about the Bible they’ve never known. My daughter was pleasantly surprised by What’s In The Bible. She’s not usually a big fan of puppets and although she thought that it was a little “cheesy” in parts, she learned a few new things!
I really enjoyed watching Phil Vischer share his heart and passion for God’s Word. His desire is that kids will learn to know and love God’s Word…and I know that’s something I desire too! I hope that you and your family will be inspired to dig into God’s Word!
Check out this preview below (and then scroll down for your chance to win!!!)
Giveaway: One reader of Simplified Saving will receive the following:
- one voucher for What’s In The Bible: In the Beginning
- one voucher for What’s In The Bible: Let My People Go
These vouchers can be redeemed at your local Christian bookstore. If you do not have a store in your area, you can submit these vouchers directly to Tyndale House Publishers.
Ways To Win: (You can do more than one!)
- Subscribe to Simplified Saving by Email
- Subscribe to Simplified Saving in a Reader
- Follow Simplified Saving through Google Friend Connect (in the right sidebar)
- Follow Simplified Saving through Networked Blogs (in the right sidebar)
- Become a fan of Simplified Saving and What’s In The Bible on Facebook
- Follow me (@LisaAboutLife) and @WhatsInTheBible on Twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway and include @LisaAboutLife and @WhatsInTheBible (You can tweet once per day!)
- Blog about this giveaway and include the link (worth 5 entries!)
- Post my pretty little button on your site (the code is in the right sidebar)
Please leave a separate comment for each entry. Comments that just say “I want to win” or “Thanks for the giveaway” will be disqualified! This contest will end on Saturday April 10th at 8 pm Eastern Time.